Old Mill Tasty Shop Apparel and Gifts
Shop the largest collection of Old Mill Tasty Shop T-Shirts at Rally House. Shop the full collection of Wichita Merchandise at our online store.
The Old Mill Tasty Shop is the oldest example of such an establishment in Wichita. Otto and Erna Woermke opened the store during the Great Depression in 1932 by purchasing Silas Ice Cream and Candy at 528 E. Douglas. After changing its name to the Old Mill Tasty Shop, they maintained the store there until 1940, when they moved down the street to 604 E. Douglas (formerly Fralick Barber Supply). Otto and Erna operated the store until Otto's death in 1981. Mary and John Wright picked up where the Woermkes left off, reopening the Old Mill in 1982 and continuing to this day.